Climate Change and Pollution
Many of you heard the term, “Climate Change”. But, actually what is Climate Change?
Climate Change is the change in the Earth’s Temperature, Due to human activities and overpopulation. But, why we should be concerned about it? Here are the effects,
. Climate change is related to global warming rising sea levels due to frequent melting of glaciers; storms, heavy rainfall, droughts, wildfires, and the rise in hot and cold temperatures.
· Allergies in human beings due to polluted environment; Asthma, lung infections, etc.
· Marine life is disrupted due to the rise in temperatures; fishes and species are going deeper into the oceans and this causing impact on the diet of people based on protein.
· Wildlife is impacted due to cutting down of trees.
· Agricultural loss due to severe environment; crops and fruits growth is been affected.
Human Activities and Overpopulation
Mankind’s activities, consumption of energy resources by burning fossil fuels, construction, using plastics, etc. Contribute to climate change, Let me explain,
Population growth leads us to construct new houses, buildings, and roads. Construction needs space and due to saturated spaces we are heading towards more land, cutting down forests, and this makes environment polluted as there is less trees to absorb carbon dioxide and wildlife is impacted.
· Fossil Fuels
Fossil Fuels are the main source of energy for mankind, whether it is electricity, petrol, natural gas, oil, coal, etc. They burn for the source of energy and they emit the gases like carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and chlorofluorocarbons that are affecting the environment.
· Usage of Plastic
Now we cannot even handle our things without plastic; shoppers, shopping bags, water bottles, wrappers, etc. Have contributed a lot to the environment pollution, we are producing it to an immense quantity and this fills up our land with pollution. As plastics take 500 years to decompose and that period they react with the sunlight and release toxic substances in the environment.
Industries are evacuating more land than a building or house, this ends up construction and this needs more space, cutting down forest for land industries. Industries contribute to the pollution by making goods, the products refined by certain chemical reactions and there we get the by-product of certain gases contributing to global warming.
Green House Effect
Human Activities have caused a ‘Green House Effect’ to an excessive level the effect is a major thing to understand because this effect has everything to do with the environment and climate change. The gases like carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, water vapor, chlorofluorocarbons, emit into our environment and cause the sun’s heat trap in the environment and makes Earth warmer.
The effects of climate change could be reduced if we take serious implementations for the environment.
1. We can replace fossil fuels with renewable energy sources which are non-polluted energy resources, like;
- Solar energy from the sun.
- Geothermal energy from the heat inside the earth.
- Wind energy.
- Biomass from plants.
- Hydropower from flowing water.
2. The usage of plastic should be reduced, recycle, or replace with organic products.
3. Control population growth by making awareness among people.
Saving Earth is our responsibility if, we still did not take serious measures for the environment then, there would be a great loss and it would get impossible to survive for our future generations.